Relax, Revive, Refresh!
Ananda means bliss.
Say goodbye to 2019 and welcome 2020 with a day of bliss while you shed the old and bring in the new!
This one-day urban retreat is designed to reset yourself, give you a break from the stresses of your daily life and bring you into a space of relaxation through meditation, yoga, Pranayama (breath-work), massage and circle sharing. Participants will be given tools and techniques which can be integrated into daily life to help alleviate stress and worry. The day program will include:
• Mediation – assists with relaxation, clarity, focus and awareness
• Yoga Asana (poses) – a conscious physical practice which provides a space for self inquiry and helps us to recognize our limitations and blockages and how we may move through them
• Pranayama (breathing techniques) – purifies the body and creates balance and harmony while cleansing the mind with vital life force, helps to move toxins and stuck energy
• Massage – provides relaxation; allows for giving, receiving and surrender in a safe and supportive space; awakens the 7 main Chakras or energy wheels
• Circle Sharing – Creates community, conversation and communication allowing space for women to share and voice thoughts, emotion and ideas
The Day’s Program:
Meet and greet circle, opening the day
Pranaa Yoga – (a physical yoga session)
BREAK (toilet, fruit snacks, cup of tea)
11.50am – 12.45pm
Meditation and Pranayama
Massage – a guided practice incorporating chakras and breath to allow for deep relaxation. This will be done in pairs 45mins each.
YIN Yoga Practice (a slow gentle practice allowing for softening and internalising)
Circle Sharing, intention setting, dancing the year in!
What to bring:
• Your own yummy lunch
• Yoga mat and props if you have them (if not they will be provided)
• Comfortable clothes that don’t restrict your movement (you may like to spare clothes incase we build up a sweat)
• A towel
• Water bottle
• Note pad and pen
NB. Fruit and tea will be provided for morning and arvo breaks but you are welcome to bring your own extra snacks
DATE: 26th Jan, 2020
TIME: 9.30am - 5.30pm
WHERE: Maison Burlesque - The Flamingo Room
COST: $125 (includes snacks, teas, yoga mat and prop hire)
Open to all levels and ages, from the absolute beginner to experienced yoga and dance practitioners.
Places are strictly limited so book now to secure your spot in this unique urban day retreat.
Bookings through Maison Burlesque
Any questions please email Willow: email@example.com
Willow has been practicing yoga since 1990 when she threw herself deeply into both Iyengar and Ashtanga for many years, combining the physical practice with Eastern philosophy and spiritualism. She is a 350hr certified Yoga Teacher in Pranaa Yoga – a graceful, flowing practice using breath, asana (both moving and static poses) and meditation to help you experience a state of relaxation through integration of the mind, body and spirit. Her aim is to allow and provide space for students to practice and experience the many benefits that yoga has to offer, for students to let go, go within and explore. Willow also has a degree in Acting, A Cert IV in Training and Assessment, was crowned Miss Burlesque Australia 2016/17 and works as a performer/dancer with various theatre companies, choreographers and directors around Melbourne. Yoga has deeply enhanced her theatre and dance practice and believes it can enhance and enrich the lives and practices of all!
" Willow is a generous and supportive yoga teacher who guides and explains the asana poses both physically and philosophically. Where sometimes I have felt bored in yoga this made me feel present in the class and more connected in understanding why and what I was doing" (Zya Luna – day retreat participant)
“I used to think of yoga as torture. I’d do that class all again tomorrow. You are brilliant at this Willow - seriously the best I’ve ever had a class with by a long shot.” (Meredith O’Shea – day retreat participant)
“You made me fall in love with yoga.” (Shakira Chacha – Student)